How often we have faced the issue when we want to search different colleges relevant to our area of interests but somehow failed to get complete details of what we want?
I personally feel many times. In some sites the college we are targeting is not at all present, some cover only top colleges of India, some others have incomplete details about the same.
But then, when I came across this site collegedunia.com I was quite overwhelmed with the results. It is user friendly, easy to surf and has detailed information of everything which a student requires when he or she is finding his/her dream college.
About College Dunia– College dunia is one stop solution for all searches related to exam dates notifications, Colleges for all fields ranging from arts to science, technology to management. It has details which includes available branches (streams), total number of intake, fees and also the method of admission.
Sahil ChalanaFounder of Collegedunia has earlier explained in one of his interviews and said,”The notification of colleges today is very scattered and students are looking out for detailed presentments such as Cut offs, Admission Process, eligibility and even Co-Curricular Facilities.”
He Adds “We currently have information on 15000 colleges and universities Across India and would be able to cover 30000 by the end of 2014. We have a team of 10 people with sole purpose of providing high quality content on Cut Offs, Placements, Admission, Festivals and even minute details such as Course Intake, Fees and Reservation etc.”
Right in the first month of Launch, it expects to reach 1 Lakh unique visitors. The website currently shows colleges only from Management, Engineering and Medical streams and would be launching other verticals i.e. arts, science and commerce streams in the next two weeks. (Excerpts Credits- Business wire India, 1st August,2014)
1. The site is user friendly.
2. Subscription to the site is easy and will take hardly a few minutes.
3. At the home page itself we can search different colleges according to various streams law, arts, science etc.
4. At the bottom of the home page user can see all the latest news and important notification of all the exams.
5. If you select any stream eg. Engineering you will be taken to another page where you can even search colleges according to the city and states
6. The details of a particular institute is not only restricted to the Number of intake and field of specialization but it also contain details of extra-curricular events, various societies and facilities that college provides and also about placements.
7. Overall the site is arranged very appropriately covering almost every topic starting from the type of course to other filters like full time, part time etc.
8. Added features like ratings and symbols to represent the facilities on campus is a feather on the cap.
Some things that can be added-
Till now I am not able to find any discrepancy in the data provided. My only request to the team is to include more colleges and it would be great if they can add testimonials from alumni or teachers of that college.
Overall I am very much delighted with this informative site. Request all the aspiring students to refer to this virtual dunia.